The newest of our gift box ranges, our Wild Venison boxes are something we are really proud of. Venison taken straight off the hills surrounding the Ardtaraig Estate in Argyll - there is no better in our opinion.
A perfectly paired Lussac St Emilion and seasoning for the venison in the form of coffee rub, outstanding Blackthorn Salt and Keralan Pepper from Peppermongers.
Next,the makings of a perfect after dinner cheese board and a vintage port to enjoy.
Finish with some rich salted caramel truffles from Amelie Chocolat.
The makings of a sublime dinner for 2.
Take a look inside:
- Winston Churchill Scottish Wild Venison Fillet 500g (New)
- Rocket Monkey Venison Rub 50g (Fine Ground)
- Blackthorn Scottish Sea Salt 120g
- BoxSalthouse & Peppermongers Keralan Green Pepper 38g
- Chateau Jamard Belcour Lussac St Emilion 2016 75cl (New)
- Cropwell Bishop Waxed Stilton Truckle 225g
- Snowdonia Little Black Bomber 200g (New)
- Walkers Highland Oatcakes 280g
- Galloway Lodge Caramelised Onion Marmalade 200g (New)
- Krohn Colheita 2005 Vintage Port 75clAmelie Chocolat 8 Salted Caramel Truffles 90g
Presented in our 16" Custom Ardtaraig Blue Gift Box with Gold Crest and Outer Case
Chateau Jamard Belcour Lussac Saint Emilion 2016 Bordeaux, France
90% merlot and 10% cabernet franc grown on 5.4 hectares of clay and limestone and silty clay soils.
Aromas of damson jam, summer berries and a hint of brown spice.
The palate shows juicy berry fruits with lively fresh tannins that bring structure and a lovely persistence to the flavours that develop into more prune and mocha notes as the wine evolves in glass.
Wiese and Krohn Colheita 2005 Douro, Portugal
Nutty aromas, with notes of toffee and apple. The beautifully smooth and mellow palate has ripe fruit - characters of fig and raisin
- along with rich and ripe spicy and nutty flavours. Complex and well-balanced, with great length.
Wiese & Krohn was founded in 1865 by two Norwegians - Theodor Wiese and Dankert Krohn - shipping initially to Scandinavia
and Germany. In the century and a half since its foundation, Krohn has built up an outstanding reputation. Long renowned for the
quality of their sublime Colheitas (single vintage tawnies), they produce a remarkably complete range for a small house, and
each wine excels in its category. Much of the secret lies in the high quality of their vineyards - the magical combination of terroir,
locality, aspect, incline and low-yielding vines. Their Quinta do Retiro Novo estate in Sarzedinho, in the Rio Torto valley (where
vinification takes place), is all A grade vineyard. Indeed Krohn only work with grapes from A-graded vineyards across all of their ports, and their top wines are trodden by foot.
Since 2013 Krohn has been part of the Fladgate Partnership - alongside Taylor's, Fonseca and Croft.