A beautiful bottle of Port, two artisan cheeses, fresh patés, hand made small batch chutney, crispbreads and oatcakes to make a fantastic spread of delectable treats.
This box makes a really good Christmas gift and has the perfect compliment to a festive feast.
The 30cm x 30cm Natural Slate Cheese Board hand-cut in Scotland and supplied in a beautiful presentation box makes this box really special and is something that will be used and enjoyed again and again.
This year we are delighted to offer you a totally new selection of ports and wine. Krohn's Ambassador ruby port is a delicious light and fruity tipple.
In addition we have also sourced a gorgeous waxed stilton from Cropwell Bishop creamery, a wonderful waxed mature cheddar from the Isle of Arran, patés, biscuits and our favourite fig chutney from Galloway Lodge.
- Just Slate Company Square Slate Cheese Board in Gift Box (30cm x 30cm)
- Krohn Ambassador Ruby Port 75cl
- Cropwell Bishop Creamery Blue Stilton waxed truckle 200g
- Arran Cheese Company Kilbride Mature Cheddar Waxed Truckle 200g
- Findlaters Venison Paté with Cranberries and Cherry Brandy120g
- Findlaters Duck Liver Paté with Apricots poached in Cointreau 120g
- Peter's Yard Sourdough Crispbreads 105
- Walkers Highland Oatcakes 280g
- Galloway Lodge Fig Chutney for Cheese 200g
Wiese and Krohn Ambassador Ruby NV
The Ruby Ports are at the younger, lighter and fruitier end of Port production. The ripe plum, berry and lively spice characters
make for a much lighter end to the meal. The wine is often made from the younger vines that dont necessarily have the structure
to make heavier ports. Krohn's 'entry level' is in a different category from most Ruby Ports - mature and versatile with deep red
colour and fair concentration of warm, plummy fruit; aromatic and fruity, quite rich and full with soft finish. The fresh, lifted fruit has
none of the stewed , baked characters that are typical of a basic Ruby.
Wiese & Krohn was founded in 1865 by two Norwegians - Theodor Wiese and Dankert Krohn - shipping initially to Scandinavia
and Germany. In the century and a half since its foundation, Krohn has built up an outstanding reputation. Long renowned for the
quality of their sublime Colheitas (single vintage tawnies), they produce a remarkably complete range for a small house, and
each wine excels in its category. Much of the secret lies in the high quality of their vineyards - the magical combination of terroir,
locality, aspect, incline and low-yielding vines. Their Quinta do Retiro Novo estate in Sarzedinho, in the Rio Torto valley (where
vinification takes place), is all A grade vineyard. Indeed Krohn only work with grapes from A-graded vineyards across all of their
ports, and their top wines are still trodden by foot. Since 2013 Krohn has been part of the Fladgate Partnership - alongside
Taylor's, Fonseca and Croft.
- Just Slate - 30cmx30cm Hand Cut Slate Cheese Board
- Krohn Ambassador Ruby Port
- Isle of Arran Kilbride Mature Waxed Cheddar
- Cropwell Bishop Creamery Blue Stilton Waxed Truckle
- Findlaters Duck Liver Paté with Apricots poached in Cointreau
- Findlaters Venison Paté with Cranberries and Cherry brandy
- Walkers Highland Oatcakes
- Galloway Lodge Fig Chutney for Cheese
- Peters Yard Sourdough Crispbreads